Low Calorie High Protein Blueberry Banana Pancakes
4 protein-packed (28g protein) pancakes for only 250 calories anyone?!
These fluffy, delicious pancakes are made using just 6 ingredients & are the perfect way to break your fast!
The protein & fiber content in these will keep you full & satisfied for hours!
Blueberry Banana Protein Pancakes:
2 large egg whites (about ¼ cup)
1 medium *very ripe* banana, mashed
¼ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup blueberries,fresh or frozen
1. Beat the egg whites on high *or whisk vigorously* in a medium-sized bowl for 1 minute.
2. Add remaining ingredients & beat *or whisk* together until smooth & well blended.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Scoop about ¼ cup of the pancake mixture at a time onto the skillet *should make 4 ¼ cup-sized pancakes OR 3 HEAPING ¼ cup-sized pancakes*.
4. Use your hands to add the blueberries to each pancake & poke gently so they are about half way through each pancake. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer the pancakes onto a plate to serve. Top with desired toppings like extra fruit, chopped walnuts, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, etc. & enjoy!
I top mine with this organic, sugar-free maple syrup & it’s SO good!
The hubs likes his topped with the same syrup plus melted creamy peanut butter mixed with a dash of melted coconut oil!
I use a plant-based protein powder, specifically Vega, which is thicker than whey protein. I haven’t tried this with whey protein powder, but you likely would need to add an extra tbsp of protein powder.
Nutrition Information: *for entire recipe*
250 calories, 2.5g fat, 34g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 28g protein.
*Nutritional information is a very close estimate & calculated using Vega Salted Caramel protein powder; and is calculated BEFORE any additional toppings.
If you make this, snap a pic & tag me on social (@kenz_fitnutrist on Instagram) so I can see & let me know how much you love fueling your body with this BANGIN' breakfast!